Choosing a Leslie Marble Product
Instructions for Installation and Maintenance
A word of caution!
These new vanity tops are made of Cultured Marble. Extra care should be exercised during installation when rough handling and the danger of dropped wrenches or other tools threaten to chip or break them.
Do not overtighten drain:
Overtightening will result in cracking of the top.
- Remove the vanity top from the carton and mount the faucet drain in accordance with the instructions packaged with the faucet.
- Place the vanity top in position on the cabinet and check to make sure there is ample room for the fittings and the supply and drain connections. If either the vanity top or cabinet rocks, shim to level. You may now connect the supply and drain lines to the lavatory. NOTE: The weight of the vanity top and properly installed supply lines and drain trap will hold the top firmly in position; however, due to manufacturing tolerances in cabinets we suggest that you place a bead of sealant (not supplied) around the top of the cabinet before installing the lavatory so that the vanity top will not move after installation.
- Apply a generous amount of G.E. Silicone Cement, Dow-Corning RV-1 or equivalent under the drain collar. When tightening lock nut on drain, only tighten slightly more than finger tight.
- Avoid prolonged or repeated exposure to excessive high water temperatures. Household hot water systems should be set in the normal temperature range of 125° – 140° F. Excessive high water temperatures are hazardous to the surface of this product.
Splashes and window sills should be applied with a sealant caulk. Aprons should be pre-drilled and attached to the frame holding the top up, with decorative screws with flat heads.
Care and Cleaning Instructions
- After installation, clean top thoroughly with Gel-Gloss. Day to day cleaning then requires only wiping with a damp cloth.
- Cleaning with Gel-Gloss is recommended. NEVER use abrasive scouring powders, cleaners or pads as they dull the finish and allow dirt to work into the surface. Gel-Gloss will maintain the high luster of this unit, extending the life of the high gloss surface for many years.
- Avoid prolonged contact with strong chemicals such as bleaches and ammonia. The surface of Cultured Marble is highly resistant to staining by most household agents, but strong chemicals can cause discoloration.
- This Cultured Marble vanity top is subject to staining from cigarette burns. Simple scratches and cigarette stains can be removed by using 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper and water, polish with automotive rubbing compound, then apply Gel-Gloss to seal and polish the repaired area. We recommend this procedure be used sparingly to avoid sanding through the gel coat surface.
All products are manufactured in accordance with the standards of the industry and are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship. If defects occur within twelve (12) months, we will repair or replace, at our option, at our place of business. Inspect your top prior to installation; if you find cosmetic defects, do not install it because installation is not covered under warranty. Any damage resulting from transportation, installation, careless use and excessive hot water temperatures are not covered under warranty.
Cultured marble is a man-made product using approximately 75% to 80% ground marble mixed with polyester resins. The majority of the product is made from a mined product and we find that this marble varies just as slabs of quarried marble vary. Therefore, we cannot guarantee exact color duplication from our color chips. Color chips are shown only as a guide, with variations in shading and color from one batch to another.